Urgent letter from Pastor ChrisTO ALL MEMBERS, ASSOCIATE MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF SALT CHURCH
Salt Church Response
As you will know the Coronavirus outbreak is spreading fast and it is only right and appropriate that we, as a body of people, act in a responsible way.
Church Officers' Meeting
Following a meeting of the legal officers it has been decided that we will…
- continue with our usual Sunday morning service this week
- with measures being taken to both wash and sanitise our hands on entry to the building and
- to stay at a distance from each other.
- Please do not shake hands, hug or kiss another person.
- Chairs will be placed at a greater distance from each other than is usual.
- Couples and family groups may pull chairs closer together, however,
- Those who are on their own should make sure that there is, at least, a chair width gap between you and the next person.
- Coffee will not be served in order to minimise the close contact this would bring us into.
- If you have recently travelled back from overseas (especially by plane) we would ask you not to attend.
We're Following Events Closely
We are following events closely and are in touch with FEREDE, the overseers of evangelical churches in Spain with the Government and FADE the Assemblies of God Spain.
We are well aware that this might be the last Sunday that we will be able to gather together for a number of weeks, however, if and when we believe we should close or are forced to close, further information will be sent.
We will also post further information on the website.
If you know of someone who comes to Salt Church and is not on our emailing list please do feel free to share this and all other information with them.
Clean up after the Tilers
We will still be meeting on Saturday (14th March) at 9:30 am in order to clean up after the tilers leave for the week and will try to ensure that the building is as clinically clean as we can.
Any help would be appreciated and you might like to bring a mop and bucket, bowls and cloths with you.
Helena and I and the pastoral care team will not be making any routine visits whilst this outbreak is going on unless there is a real emergency.
If you are unwell and need help to get shopping or medicines please call either
- Wendy Withrington
- Barbara Williams or
- Jacqui Campbell
… and we will do all we can to help.
We have been warned that people with…
- asthma, bronchitis, bronchial or breathing issues;
- those with high blood pressure, diabetes or heart related problems
… are particularly vulnerable and we would urge you to stay at home.
The same goes for anyone who feels uncomfortable about gathering with others; we would rather you stayed at home until this crisis is over.
Watch this space!
We are holding a meeting of the church council on Monday, after which, further information will be sent out and put on the website, as appropriate.
Please do all you can to protect yourselves and we pray the blessing and protection of a loving God over each one of you.
Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever.
They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes
Get News & Update Notifications